This exhibition has been postponed until further notice.
The term "environmental art" often encompasses "ecological" concerns but is not specific to them. It celebrates mainly the connection of an artist with nature using natural materials. - Linda Weintraub, "Untangling Eco from Enviro".
Curated by ArtServe's Sophie Bonet and Founders of ArtHive Magazine Angela Yungk and Jessie Prugh, Changing Landscapes is a multimedia exhibition that promotes environmental awareness, sustainable practices and invites us to join the movement of change.
ArtServe is now accepting submissions and proposals to create and present thematic works/projects/performances that:
- Explore threats to the Florida Everglades, Lake Okeechobee and our surrounding seas, while highlighting and bringing awareness to the human impact in South Florida’s fragile ecosystem.
- Showcase experimental forms of art and art-making including sustainable practices and works/projects built with up-cycled materials.
- Bring together and celebrate climate solutions and ecological sustainability initiatives through community engagement and participation.
- Show how humanity must be anchored and connected to the natural environment socially, philosophically, economically and spiritually.
Rules & Guidelines
- The Application fee is $25 for ArtServe members and $35 for non-members
- Submit up to 10 works to this Open Call
- You can submit multiple entries to this Open Call
- Artwork must be original and created during the past 12 months.
- Submission is limited to 10 pieces per artist.
- 2d Artwork must be ready to install, wired and suitable for hanging.
- Submission must be accompanied by a 1 paragraph statement about your piece(s) or proposed performance/installation.
- 2d works should not exceed 60 x 60 inches in any direction. If you wish to submit a larger format please contact ArtServe curatorial committee for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include title, dimensions, medium, description and total value of the work (including 25% gallery fee) for each piece that is being submitted.
Performers: please submit your video links and required information via email to: email@example.com
Dates & Deadlines
- Exhibition Dates: April 22nd - May 27th, 2020
- Submission Deadline: Thursday, April 9th
- Notice of Acceptance: Monday, April 13th
- Intake: Thursday, April 16th - Saturday, April 18th
- Opening Reception & Collectors' Night: Thursday, April 30th, 6pm-9pm
- Outtake: Thursday, May 28th - Saturday, May 30th
- Gallery commission is 25% of the selling price.
Please submit works through our partners at Artrepreneur by clicking the appropriate button below. Should you have any questions or need assistance, please email ArtServe Curator Sophie Bonet at firstname.lastname@example.org.