CALL TO ARTISTS
The 100th Anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment serves as inspiration for an artistic exploration of contemporary perspectives and movements in women’s rights. This historic centennial is an exceptional opportunity to honor a milestone of democracy while exploring emerging perspectives in equality, equity and inclusion.
Curated by multi-disciplinary artist and activist Carol-Anne McFarlane and ArtServe’s chief curator Sophie Bonet, (Dis)Obedient explores gender inequality and notions of feminism, disrupted and redefined through the presentation of multi-disciplinary works, including visual arts, performing arts and new media.
ArtServe is seeking works that should surprise, provoke, and inspire audiences through female perspectives on topics ranging from wage disparity to exploitative advertising to underrepresentation in the art world. Works that celebrate diversity and offer new insight into the notion of feminism are highly encouraged.
ArtServe aims to create a safe, encouraging and creative platform for self-identified female artists to showcase significant works and join the evolving exchange of ideas around gender, sexuality, and culture.
Rules & Guidelines
- The Application fee is $25 for ArtServe members and $35 for non-members
- You can submit multiple entries to this Open Call. Submission is limited to 10 pieces per artist.
- Artwork must be original and created during the past 12 months.
- 2d Artwork must be ready to install, wired and suitable for hanging.
- Submission must be accompanied by 1 paragraph minimum statement about your piece(s) or proposed performance/installation.
- 2d works should not exceed 60” wide. If you wish to submit a larger format please contact ArtServe curatorial committee for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission must include title, dimensions, medium, description and total value of the work (including 25% gallery fee) for each piece that is being submitted.
- Performers: please submit your video links and required information via email to: email@example.com
Dates & Deadlines
- Exhibition Dates: March 4th - Mar 29th, 2020
- Submission Deadline: Friday, February 21st
- Notice of Acceptance: Monday, February 24th
- Intake: Thursday, February 27th and Friday, February 28th
- VIP Reception & Collectors' Night: Thursday, March 5th 6pm-9pm
- Outtake: Monday, March 30th through Wednesday, April 1st
- Gallery commission is 25% of the selling price.
Please submit works through our partners at Artrepreneur by clicking the appropriate button below. Should you have any questions or need assistance, please email ArtServe Curator Sophie Bonet at firstname.lastname@example.org.