One of the nation's original arts incubators, ArtServe exists to advance the arts for social good through work that includes:
- Support and resources for artists, especially those tackling contemporary social justice issues.
- Arts education, integration and outreach initiatives that respond to opportunity gaps.
- The presentation of immersive, multi-disciplinary exhibitions.
- Arts advocacy, research and data sharing.
- Developing and implementing exciting cultural experiences for the entire South Florida community.
As an inclusive, multi-disciplinary Creative Laboratory, ArtServe is supported by enterprise, academia, government and philanthropy to advance the social, cultural and economic prosperity of South Florida with work that is:
- Participatory and Creative: Our work is imaginative, accessible and high quality. We use the full range of art forms, including visual and digital arts, music, dance, theater, photography, film and storytelling, to engage and inspire people of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Well-researched and Evaluated: We use evidence drawn from theoretical and experimental studies on positive motivation, creativity and behavior to inform our work. It is important that our work builds on, and adds to, the academic research in this field.
- A Catalyst and Model: We develop projects and support initiatives that have a multiplier effect and have a lasting legacy. Our programs are run on a local level, but are designed to be replicated and shared nationally and internationally.
- Integrity and fairness. It all starts with integrity. We trust in the integrity and fairness of each other to always do the right thing, to be open, honest and forthright with ourselves and others, to demonstrate courage, to solve without blame and to follow through on all our commitments.
- Respect and caring. We reach out with respect and caring. We have a genuine interest in the well-being of others. We know the importance of listening, the power of understanding and the immeasurable value of support.
- Diversity and inclusion. Even though we have a common vision, we embrace and celebrate our individual differences. We are strengthened by a diversity of cultures, perspectives, attitudes, and ideas. We honor each other's heritage and uniqueness, and know that including diverse voices in the conversation is essential to our progress. Our power of diversity, and refusal to discriminate makes a world of difference.
- Always learning — always teaching. We learn from others as they learn from us. We learn. We teach. We grow. This begins by seeing the person first, and the role they play secondarily.
- Being "of service." Being of service is our pleasure. We treat people as special and appreciated by giving of ourselves, doing more than expected, anticipating needs, and making a difference.
- Community and teamwork. Teamwork works. By trusting one another and building a like-minded community, we bring together the best in all of us and go beyond the boundaries of ordinary success.
- Excellence. We have a passion to set and to pursue, with innovation, courage and humility, ever higher standards for our guests, artists, educators, leaders and community.