Solo Exhibition Proposal
ArtServe is accepting art show proposals for solo gallery spaces, Bienes Center exhibiting space and the Community Gallery. ArtServe supports emerging and established artists working in all types of media.
If you are a professional or emerging artist with an exhibition idea and interest in being considered for an exhibition opportunity at ArtServe, here are a few things to keep in mind:
ArtServe is primarily seeking exhibitions that feature one or more artists with artworks focused on the following topics: Black Art, Environmental Awareness and Sustainable Art, Social Identity.
Terms and Conditions:
Submitted proposals are kept on file for 12 months. As spots in our exhibition calendar become available artists with viable proposals, as determined by ArtServe Curator and Programs Manager will be contacted about scheduling.
Applicants must submit the following information directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “[Your name] Solo Proposal ” in the subject line to be considered. *Hard-copy application materials will not be accepted.* *Incomplete Proposals will not be accepted.*
Proposal must include:
- A cover letter with the contact information for the primary person who will represent the artist/group for the exhibition proposal.
- A typed exhibition statement. The exhibition statement should explain what the exhibition is about and why the exhibition would be a good fit for ArtServe. (approximately 500 words).
- An artist statement for each participating artist.
- CV from each participating artist.
- Up to 10 images of recent work (last 2 years) labeled with title, media, date, and price, in JPG format
All materials should be submitted in a single PDF document. Or a clearly labeled series or word DOC files.
Applicants who only submit a website or online portfolio will not be considered
Here are also a few links to some helpful articles about how to prepare an exhibition proposal:
- One of the key elements we requested above is a written exhibition proposal. In approximately 500 words, typed exhibition proposal should explain to the exhibition committee 1) what is the message of the exhibition and the artworks and/or the message of the entire group exhibition 2) the reasons why your exhibition will attract visitors to ArtServe and 3) why your proposal should be selected for display at ArtServe.
- Image quality counts! Make sure image photos are clear, well lit, with appropriate orientation (verticals should not open as a horizontal file, etc.), and free of distracting backgrounds. If we are interested in your exhibition, we may contact you with a request for high resolution digital image files in JPEG format. Make sure your images are properly saved and have not been degraded by too much compression. If you are a Mac user, please save all of your files compatible for a PC.
- DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK. ArtServe does not accept original works for exhibition proposals and cannot be held responsible for originals sent to us.
- Maps and measurements of the galleries are provided upon request.
- Send digital submissions to: email@example.com with a brief message in the email.
Exhibitions are selected based solely on the artwork submitted or proposed. The Exhibition Curator reserves the right to make the final decision on all artwork exhibited. Gallery space is assigned by the Exhibition Curator. Exhibition proposals must not include work exhibited in previous Art Center Sarasota exhibitions.