The Salon: Explorations of Change
In ArtServe’s 31st year, we’re turning the creative space over to our local artists and waiving exhibition fees for ArtServe members. As we are living, breathing testaments of change and awakening, we invite South Florida artists and ArtServe members to explore the concept of Change, Transformation, and Growth.
This multidisciplinary exhibition will be juried by ArtServe’s curator Sophie Bonet in collaboration with founders of ArtHive Magazine, Angela Yungk and Jessie Prugh, and will celebrate both established and emerging artists working in a single show, highlighting our commitment to advancing the arts for social good.
Artists of all disciplines and backgrounds are encouraged to exhibit.
The exhibition will run from Friday, August 7th through Friday, August 28th.
Opening Reception: Saturday, August 8th
Rules & Guidelines
- The Application Fee is $20 and FREE for ArtServe Members
- Artists can submit multiple entries to this Open Call. Submission is limited to 10 pieces per artist.
- Artwork must be original and created during the past 12 months.
- 2d Artwork must be ready to install, wired and suitable for hanging.
- Submission must be accompanied by 1 paragraph minimum statement about your piece(s) or proposed performance/installation.
- 2d works should not exceed 60” wide. If you wish to submit a larger format please contact ArtServe curatorial committee for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions must include title, dimensions, medium, description and the total value of the work (including 25% gallery fee) for each piece that is being submitted.
- Performers: please submit your video links and required information via email to email@example.com
Dates & Deadlines
- Exhibition Dates: August 7th – August 28th, 2020
- Submission Deadline: Friday, July 17th
- Notice of Acceptance: Monday, July 20th
- Intake: Thursday, July 30th – Saturday, August 1st.
- Reception: Saturday, August 8th 6pm – 9pm (pending confirmation)
- Outtake: Sunday, August 30th – Monday, August 31st.
- Gallery commission is 25% of the selling price.
Please submit works through our partners at Artrepreneur by clicking the appropriate button below. Should you have any questions or need assistance, please email ArtServe Curator Sophie Bonet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the “Apply” button to begin the application process.
If you are not currently a member of Artrepreneur, you will be directed to join. ARTREPRENEUR IS FREE TO JOIN
- The Open Call wizard will guide you through the process of uploading your work and adding relevant details.
- After completing the submission process, your artwork will be available on your artwork page. If you submitted more than one work, a portfolio will be created for you as well.
- You can view your applications by clicking on the ‘View my Applications’ on the menu. Editing your artwork/portfolios associated with your open call will edit the submissions as well.